Saturday, July 12, 2008

Movin' on up!

Tonight officially was my last night on the copy desk here and, to bid my final farewell, I pulled a 9 1/2 shift with three hours working composing beforehand. A total of 12 1/2 hours at work. My last day caught between two departments. My last day of searching for misplaced commas and stories that don't end. My last day of worrying about making a 12 o'clock deadline.

I guess it's bittersweet. More than two years of my life have been dedicated to reading and designing the newspaper. Not that I'm never going to go back into it. I just need a break. I need something new. I need a challenge. I liked what I did, I'm not going to lie. But, this move is good for me. It's good for my career. It's good for my relationship with Pete. Granted, it's keeping me away from him for another year, but even he said he's excited for me.

Half of the people in the building are excited for me to move. Half are sad to see me move. How am I supposed to handle that?

No comments: